This series mimics our written installation guide!
Building your own pergola is easier than you think. If you can:
- Lift up to 80 pounds
- Use a tape measure and a level
- Use a circular or miter saw
- Use a drill
- Assure columns, beams and rafters are level and aligned
… you’re ready to install a Heartland Pergola.
If you don’t have the necessary tools or the time to take on the project, it’s easy to find a professional contractor who can install your pergola. Our kits include all the materials you need, as well as step-by-step installation instructions and drawings. Your local handyman won’t have any problem taking on the project.
What You’ll Need
- A helper. Some pieces are too bulky for one person alone to safely handle.
- Two free days (maybe). While a professional contractor should be able to install a pergola in about a day, a novice DIYer may need up to two. (NOTE: If you need to dig and pour footings or attach to deck framing, it will take a little longer.)
- A few basic tools, including a level, measuring tape, ladder, drill with a 6” extension, drill bits and drivers, and a circular or miter saw.
- Step-by-step installation instructions, available on our website
A detailed list of tools is included with your pergola kit and in the installation instructions. Make sure you have everything you need before you begin construction.
Got a question about your installation? Call 563.345.6745 to speak with one of our experts. Or schedule a skype or facetime call so we can see exactly what you’re dealing with. Schedule a call >>