1. You will be responsible for the unloading of your pergola kit when it arrives unless you choose White Glove Delivery Service with the freight company.
2. Once arrived at your location, do not reject your pergola kit's shipment for any reason.
3. We do not accept returns of pergola kits once they are paid for in full and have left our fabrication facility.
1. Once your order is placed with Heartland Pergolas, you will receive a lead time from your estimator.
2. When your pergola kit is fabricated and shipped out, your estimator will provide you with tracking information on your pergola kit as it ships to you.
3. The freight company will call you once the pergola kit has arrived at their local distribution center - they will schedule the delivery to you.
4. Unless you have chosen White Glove Delivery Service, you will be responsible to unload your pergola kit by forklift or by hand (see below for details).
If you have a specific question that is not addressed below - please call us at 563.345.6745.
We individually package each pergola kit to ensure you get all the materials you need to build it. You’ll receive an estimated ship date once your order has been processed. Most orders are ready to ship within ten (10) business days. Large, custom or specialty orders can take a little longer. If you need a rush order or are concerned about lead times, please contact an estimator before you make your purchase to ensure we can meet your deadline.
If you just can’t wait to start building your own pergola, you’re welcome to pick up your order directly from our facility in Davenport, Iowa! As long as you don’t ask for a discount, we’ll even load it onto your truck or trailer for you! (Lemonade will be provided, but you’ll have to bring your own lawn chair.)
You’ll be contacted by your assigned freight company when your pergola kit arrives to the freight company's location distribution center. They will schedule a time and date to deliver your kit. You must be present to receive and unload your shipment. There are three methods of unloading your pergola kit (each detailed below): White Glove Delivery, Forklift, or Hand Unload.
For an additional flat rate of $350 - $500, your order will be unloaded and stored in the nearest dry area to the delivery truck (i.e., a garage). White Glove Delivery is available to residential, medical and retail facilities. We regret we are unable to unload your pergola kit beyond the first dry area for you.
If you have a loading dock, we encourage you to use your forklift to unload the truck. If not, you’ll need to follow the same procedure as our residential customers to hand unload - unpack each piece and verify it against your packing list.
You’ll need to open the package and unload the beams, rafters and columns by hand. Accessories, caps and fasteners are included in separate boxes on your pallet. You should verify each component against your packing list and note any missing or damaged items on your packing slip before signing. You will need a hammer or crowbar to open up the top of the crate and then you may start unloading your pergola kit. The freight company will be instructed to allow you 20 - 30 minutes to unload your pergola kit.
While a single person who is capable of lifting up to 80 pounds could unload the whole shipment alone, we recommend having a helper. Please note: If you do not choose White Glove Delivery, the truck driver is not required to help.
Do not reject the delivery! We painstakingly wrap and pack our kits to minimize the chance of damage, but accidents do happen. If parts of your order are missing, incorrect or damaged, call 563-345-6745 to let us know, and we’ll take care of getting a replacement to you as quickly as possible at no cost to you - even if we have to remake your entire kit. There’s no need to file a claim with the carrier - we’ll take care of everything.
You must notify us of damaged parts within 24 hours of the received the shipment for us to replace them at no cost. We will not replace parts for free two weeks after they have been delivered.
Each of our pergola kits are custom made to your specifications. For that reason, we do not accept returns once your kit has been paid for in full and fabricated. If you have questions or concerns regarding this - we encourage you to call and clarify with us at 563.345.6745.